Follow my progress here!
|Posted on July 21, 2017 at 10:40 PM||comments (0)|
....after about a year and a half I officially got my car running again tonight. It's running way better than it's ever have and I couldn't be more excited to take it out on the road again!
|Posted on July 20, 2012 at 8:45 PM||comments (0)|
Hello all, it's been a few months since I have had a chance to update my site. Today I had some free time to organize a lot of the photos of my tudor sedan restoration. Recently I have been working on the sheel metal like the fenders and running aprons. The guy who is painting my car and fenders, Mark, was kind enough to help me along with the process such a blasting and body working them one at a time. My girlfriend also came down the shop with me most days to help. She wet sanded a few fenders after they were painted and then Mark buffed them out.
As of right now all the fenders and aprons are painted black and on the chassis, minus the rear fenders (the are painted but mount to the body after the body is on the chassis). My girlfriend cleaned and polished the radiator shell for me and we both put the bottom piece back into the shell.
Today, I cleaned and degreased the radiator. My dad got me a can of Eastwood's Radiator paint, Satin Black Finish, so I painted it and it came out close to looking like a new radiator! (pictures of it in the project gallery) the last thing i did today was re-mount the repainted radiator and shell. The radiator shell is just on to test fit everything. Top insert still hasn't been painted yet (body color).
Thank to all who read my posts and follow my progress!
A kind model a'er came up to me a few weeks ago at the July Bay State Antique Auto Show and said I looked familiar and he told me that he has been following my site for some time now and enjoys it. This made a feel really good about what I do. Im truely glad people follow my site. I can be terrible with names and forgot the guys name, but if your him please shoot me and email or leave a comment Please.
|Posted on December 11, 2011 at 8:55 PM||comments (0)|
My best friend Justin Brown has a 1968 Chevy C-10 Stepside that he uses as his everyday year round car. he is 19 years old like myself. This past year he got a 96 Monte Carlo to drive so he could restore his truck. I made a page to get his excellent progress and hard work known.
Here is the link to the page: http://www.modelakid.com/justins68chevytruck.htm
Also, the link can be found on my homepage towards the bottom of the page.
|Posted on December 7, 2011 at 3:20 PM||comments (0)|
I have posted a bunch of videos on my model a youtube. You can find them here: www.youtube.com/user/1931fordmodela
|Posted on December 2, 2011 at 1:35 PM||comments (0)|
Just figured I would post that the chassis is done with a few small pieces needing paint in the spring(too cold to paint at the moment). The Body needs a few little finishing touches till its ready for paint. My goal is to have it pretty much done by the spring time. the first 75 degree days in spring the finall painting and body work will be done then it will get its color coats. once that is all taken care of 2 weeks of non-stop assembly work and I hope to be driving it.
|Posted on November 7, 2011 at 7:00 PM||comments (0)|
Finally have the Chassis completely restored! The body will be done fore the early spring. then its up to puting it back together. Then I can take her out for a "real drive"!!!
|Posted on October 24, 2011 at 10:50 PM||comments (0)|
My dad (RonC on fordbarn) and I got the chassis started and on the ground rolling today. after we got it running, after having been apart since 2009, i took it around the yard for a few test spins. my dad did also.
Here is a link to some of the videos: www.youtube.com/user/1931fordmodela
You can find the pictures in my project gallery at the top of the page.
|Posted on October 14, 2011 at 6:05 PM||comments (0)|
The chassis is almost completely done just need to finish the rear drums and e-brake carriers. The e-brake carriers were bent and in need of bushings. I ordered some parts from brattons. they should be in by the middle of next week. Once they come in i can finish up the rear drums and it will be time to take it for a test drive around the yard!!
|Posted on October 1, 2011 at 10:20 PM||comments (2)|
Today i cleaned and preped one of the rear backing plates. got it ready to be painted tommorow. My dad fixed/ cleaned the radiator. He fixed some of the bent fins and got it ready to check for leaks. The plan is to flush it out clean tommorow morning. will post and update tommorow.